Free plumbing estimate templates
Sending professional plumbing estimates to clients is an important part of securing more plumbing work. Download our free customizable plumbing estimate templates and tailor plumbing estimates for installation, repair, replacement or maintenance work.
Download free price estimate templates for plumbing services
Our pre-formatted plumbing estimate templates are free to download and easily customizable. Unplug slow sales further by automating plumbing estimate and invoice creation.
Download our free plumbing estimate templates in a range of file formats like MS Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Google Slides and Google Docs.
Use our step-by-step guide below to make and send cost estimates for plumbing services to clients:
- Scope plumbing work – Diagnoze plumbing issues when inspecting the residential house or commercial site. It’s important to note down findings around condition of pipes, fixtures and appliances to help estimate plumbing repair costs accurately.
- Cost estimate – Calculate plumbing materials to be used and specify pricing for pipes, fittings, valves, water heaters and taps or faucets. Break down labor costs including installation, replacements, leak repair work and system testing.
- Factor a contingency fund to ensure profit on your plumbing job – It’s helpful to add a percentage (5-10%) of the plumbing estimate total, to cover unexpected issues.
- Draft your plumbing estimate – Use our printable free plumbing estimate templates to customize estimates for plumbing services. Save more time by trying Bookipi’s estimate and invoice generator software for free. You can make pre-designed and professional estimates for plumbing work in minutes. Send and track plumbing estimates, and request online signatures from clients, from the same software.
- Follow up on your plumbing estimate to close sales – Be prepared to negotiate with your client. Then, it’s simple to make final quotes using Bookipi, easily generate invoices to bill for plumbing work and get paid via our secure online card payments.
Providing clear business estimates for plumbing work can elevate trust in your plumbing business. A plumbing estimate should transparently set out the following key elements for a job:
- Your plumbing business’ information including licenses and qualifications
- Customer’s information
- Plumbing estimate number and date – Track plumbing work with unique reference numbers that make it easier to speak to clients.
- Plumbing project description – Provide a list of the plumbing tasks involved in the job including installation, repair, maintenance and inspection.
- Pricing breakdowns including material costs and labor costs. Your skilled labor cost estimate may be calculated on an hourly rate or as a fixed plumbing project cost.
- List any extra services and charges like after-hours work, emergency repairs or plumbing system testing.
- Subtotal amounts before adding any taxes or discounts.
- Total plumbing estimate – State the estimated amount that a client will likely pay. When you’re ready to bill, you can create a plumbing invoice using our free trades invoice templates or use Bookipi’s online estimate & invoice generator.
- Terms and conditions – State legal terms, disclaimers about liability, payment schedules including any upfront deposits and preferred payment methods. It’s also helpful to add your plumbing business’ cancellation policy.
- Warranty information – List your plumbing business’ warranties or guarantees on materials used and plumbing workmanship
- Other notes – Clearly outline how long your plumbing estimate is valid for, your plumbing business’ insurance information and the expected start date for work.
- Plumbing project timeline – It’s helpful to the customer to provide an estimate of how long the plumbing work will take to complete in terms of days or hours.
- Signature section – You can request client signature so that your plumbing business has more certainty about the plumbing job and to better plan workflow.
Generate and send estimates for plumbing services wherever you are using Bookipi’s all-in-one estimate and invoice maker software for small businesses.