Professional invoice templates
Invoicing is an important business process in countless businesses. Because it is so important, your invoicing needs to look clean and professional. Beyond your invoicing needing to look professional, it also needs to operate in a professional manner.
To help out these businesses, we’ve created a collection of professional invoice templates that can be downloaded and used for free. The templates have been designed by our team to look both clean and professional.
If you’re looking to make your invoices even more professional, try Bookipi Invoice. The app does the design for you and you can add a number of professional features to your invoices like credit card payments, signatures and terms and conditions.
Download free invoice templates for professionals
Below, you’ll find our complete collection of professional invoice templates. We have professional templates in different formats, including Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets and PDF. We also have templates for different industries which you can access here. The templates are completely free and you can download and use them as many times as you want.
Professional invoices that will get you paid faster
One of the toughest problems for businesses is unpaid invoices. Part of this issue is clients not paying when they are supposed to but the other part is bad invoicing by sellers. If your invoices do not look professional or they are missing key information, they aren’t going to get paid. Our invoice templates can all the important information that you need so that your client knows exactly what to pay you. If they do try to make excuses, you can show them exactly what the invoice clearly outlines to stop them from getting out of paying you.
Now, there are a lot of invoice templates out there. However, very few of them are professional invoices. They might be okay for one-off invoices for casual business transactions but not for a professional business. If you’re a small business, this is particularly important. Small businesses have a hard enough time proving that they’re professional and can compete against large businesses. The last thing you need is poor business documents that show you are unprofessional because that will lose you work.
What does a professional invoice template need?
A professional invoice template needs a few key things. These include the following:
- Customer details (we need to know who needs to make the payment)
- Seller details (we need to know who is providing the service and receiving the payment)
- The goods/services being provided (we need to know what the invoice is for)
- How much of the goods/services were provided (we need to know how much the seller provided and how much should the customer receive)
- How much did each good/service cost (we need to know the breakdown of the costs)
- How much do all the goods/services cost in total (we need to know what the total to be paid is)
- How much tax is due if any at all (we need to make sure that all government tax laws are being met)
- How is the payment structured (we need to know how we will pay the total of the invoice)
- The issue date of the invoice (we need to know when the invoice was first sent)
- The payment due date (we need to know when the payment must be made)
- The invoice number (we need this to organise our invoices)
- The payment method (we need to know whether the payment should be in cash, credit card, etc and instructions on how to do so)
- Any details on the terms of the payment or the terms of the invoice (we need to outline anything that could affect the payment or services being provided)
If you belong to a particular industry, there may be other invoice requirements. These can be added if you use an invoicing software like Bookipi Invoice.
Benefits of using a professional invoice template
A professional invoice template can have numerous benefits for your business. Firstly, an invoice helps you get paid. If your invoice looks professional, your clients are more likely to trust and hence more likely to pay you. Invoices are also a representation of your business. If your business looks messy and unprofessional, you are less likely to have more work with your clients in the future. On top of all that, a professional invoice template looks cleaner and you can trust that all the key details will be present on your invoice.
If you want to check out some more of our templates, you can do so here. We have templates in a variety of designs and formats.
Want to learn more about invoices? Check out our blog to learn what is an invoice.
Invoice alternatives to a professional invoice template
Professional invoice templates aren’t perfect. They take time to create and tweak so they look neat and tidy. Often, the design is as clean and perfect as it could be because chances are the document creations software you are using isn’t designed to make invoices. They also are hard to keep organised and you have to be incredibly conscious of how you are organising your invoices whenever you make one.
An alternative is a professional invoice generator like Bookipi Invoice. Bookipi Invoice is available on mobile and web and can be used to create professional invoices in under a minute. You can save your items, customers and invoice information to add to your invoices in just a few clicks. You can also add credit card payments, signatures and terms and conditions to make your invoices look even more professional. The design and creation of the invoice is done by the program so your invoices will come out looking professional every time. Your invoices are also automatically organised by the app by either issue date or invoice number.