Free small business invoice templates
Small businesses make up the majority of the world’s businesses. An important step to getting paid as a small business is invoicing clients correctly and on time. Clean invoicing is good for relationship-building with clients and helps you get paid for your hard work.
When your invoices are structured well and clearly written, your small business’ clients can clearly see how much they owe you, what they owe you for and how to pay you. They’ll be more likely to pay you on time and continue to work with you in the future.
Sign up and use Bookipi instantly
Download free invoice templates for small businesses
Download our free small business invoice templates to customize for your needs. Our editable invoice templates are available in a range of file formats including Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets and PDF.
Download editable and printable invoice templates from our complete invoice template collection. Find invoice templates that suit your job and industry including:
- Downloadable free Construction invoice templates
- Downloadable free Marketing invoice templates
- Downloadable free Legal invoice templates
- Downloadable free Photography invoice templates
- Downloadable free Consulting invoice templates
- Downloadable free Catering invoice templates
- Downloadable free Cleaning invoice templates
- Downloadable free Trucking invoice templates
- Downloadable free Rental invoice templates
- Downloadable free Design invoice templates
- Downloadable free Handyman invoice templates
- Downloadable free Auto Repair invoice templates
Get more organized with Bookipi’s invoice app. Try out Bookipi’s invoicing app for free and see why thousands of small businesses globally trust Bookipi as the easiest invoicing solution for small business.
Can I make an invoice myself for my small business?
One of the biggest problems faced by small businesses is unpaid invoices. Small businesses are different from larger companies. As a small business owner, you have may have less staff and need to be self-reliant to get through finance administration. Small business invoicing is important. Download one of our small business invoice templates and customize sections to meet your small business needs.
If you want to speed up your business invoicing even more, try Bookipi’s invoice app for free. Simply add everything that you need and our app will generate pre-designed professional invoices for your small business.
Want to learn more about invoices? Check out our blog to learn what is an invoice.
What do small business owners need on an invoice?
As a small business owner, you’ll need to clearly list the following on your invoices:
- Unique invoice number that can be used as a point of reference and to help organize your invoices
- Your small business’ contact details as the seller or provider of goods and services
- Customer’s details
- Invoice issue date
- Payment due date so clients know the deadline to pay your invoice by
- An itemized list of goods or products, and services provided by your small business to the client. Include the quantity with relevant units such as number, weight, hours worked etc. Specify the cost of each product or service item.
- Summarized total cost of the goods and/or services provided by your small business to the client
- How much tax is due where relevant
- Total amount payable including taxes
- How is the payment structured including whether a deposit is required, payment is made in stages or as a lump sum total payment.
- Instructions for payment method including whether you accept cash, credit card, bank transfer, and more. Please include your small business’ bank account details for payment where relevant.
- Any other relevant information include purchase order numbers and delivery details.
- Terms and conditions including any special clauses as agreed upon between your small business and the client.
Learn how to make an invoice with our simple tutorial for small businesses. Read up on different types of invoices with our overview.
What are invoice alternatives to using invoice templates for small business?
Invoice templates are not perfect for every small business, especially if you are regularly invoicing clients. You don’t have much time to spend making invoices and it can be extremely time consuming to enter all your invoice data into a template. You might also have trouble keeping your invoices organised. It can be extremely easy to make administrative errors when you have a large number of invoices to send out.
Chances are that you’ll want to continue to grow your small business. Setting up good invoicing processes early on will help you streamline your business processes and workflow. You’ll save time and energy to focus on your small business’ growth. You can also become more self-reliant and reduce the need for an accountant because you have good records of your income.
Using an invoice generator like Bookipi Invoice will help you take invoicing to the next level. Bookipi Invoice is available on both mobile and web and can be used to create invoices in under a minute. Save customers and items in your account which is synced across all your devices so that you can add them to new invoices in one click. Invoices are automatically sorted by either issue date or by invoice number. If you need to make a receipt, estimate or a quote, that can also be done in the mobile app. Accept card payments direct from your invoices to encourage clients to pay faster.
Download free & editable invoice templates for your business needs
- Downloadable free Blank invoice templates