Sales invoice templates
When a sale is made, the two parties involved need an invoice to record the transaction. Download one of our free sales invoice templates from our collection below.
You can also try our our invoice generator for free and experience the easiest invoicing process for small businesses.
Are there blank invoices for my business and job type?
Check out our invoice template collection which includes downloadable invoice templates to suit different job types and industries including:
Alternatively, try Bookipi’s invoice generator for free to make professionally designed invoices for any business in minutes.
Download free invoice templates by Job or Business Types
Do I need to send sales invoices to customers?
Making and sending sales invoices to your clients is an important aspect of your business operations. The main reasons for sending sales invoices include:
- Payment Tracking – Keep track of payments and encourage on-time payments by clients with sales invoices. A sales invoice should clearly state what amount your client owes you and payment instructions including payment deadline and your accepted methods of payment.
- Professionalism – Sending professional sales invoices to clients shows that you’re organized and take your business seriously. Having strong invoicing processes establishes trust with your client because you formalize clear expectations for payment.
- Record Keeping – Sales invoices provide a clear record of the products or services that you have sold, prices charged, and sale dates. This information helps you track your sales and income which is important for business accounting including filing your taxes.
- Dispute Resolution – Detailed sales invoices can be critical to help resolve any payment disputes or terms of the sale. This is important especially if you get queries over quality of the goods or services provided. Good sales invoices should have terms and conditions clauses to protect your business.
How do I make a simple sales invoice?
A sales invoice needs to have all the information for customers to pay you. The information to put on a sales invoice includes:
- Your contact and business information
- Your customer’s contact information
- Unique invoice number
- Invoice issue date
- Invoice payment due date
- Itemized list of sale items including any goods or services
- Any expenses incurred that will be passed onto the client. Sales invoices generally relate to products or goods but you might need to include charges for delivery services by a third party. You should attach any relevant receipts as proof to your customer.
- Quantity of products
- Costs of the products
- Any tax payable
- Total amount payable by your customer
- How the payment is structured including any initial deposit amounts required
- Accepted payment methods including bank transfer, credit card, cash and more. Ensure that you include your business bank account details for payment if required.
- Any additional information like delivery timelines
- Terms and conditions including any returns policies, warranties or clauses about resolving questions around quality of goods provided.
Customize one of our free sales invoice templates that will guide your through filling the information above. Once you download a sales invoice template, you can add your business details and logo, ‘save as’, and reuse the invoice template for future invoices. However, you’ll still need to input invoice information relating to specific sales and customers when using our sales invoice templates. A better alternative is trying an invoice generator like Bookipi to make your invoices in minutes. With the Bookipi invoice app, you can add your customer’s details and items. Then, you can generate invoices instantly with automated calculations of invoice totals.
What is the best way to make your own sales invoice?
Your business needs to save time when invoicing regularly when you’re billing lots of customers. Using sales invoice templates aren’t the most efficient invoicing method. When you don’t have much time and are on the move, using invoicing software like Bookipi Invoice is the most convenient invoicing solution. Save your business details, customer information, and common invoice items in your account so that anything can be added to new invoices with a few clicks. Your invoice history and data is synced across all of your devices including mobile app and web.
The Bookipi Invoice app is the easiest all-in-one invoice maker and organizer for your business to get on top of billing records. You’ll be relieved during tax time when you can make reports and search your invoices by invoice number or issue date for income reconciliation in Bookipi’s software.
Bookipi Invoice has other great features to help your invoices get paid on time. These features include accepting credit card payments by clients direct from invoices and read receipts for your business to track payments.