We just developed and released a free invoice template generator tool for browser use.
Install Chrome extension
Download and install the invoice template chrome extension so you can send an invoice from your browser anytime.
How to make an invoice with an invoice generator
From popular demand, we’ve built a free invoice generator tool for users who need to generate an invoice using the browser. It is totally free to use and easy to sign up if you want to save your invoice template.
Here is a simple step by step guide:
- Add your company logo. You can drag your logo and drop it over the Logo placement.
- Name your invoice (Estimate, Credit Note etc.)
- Add your company details.
- Click more to add in details like business number and address.
- Add your customer details.
- Add in invoice details.
- Invoice number
- Purchase order number
- Due date
- Tax details
- Add in items
- Add payment instructions
- Press preview once all information is filled to see a preview of the final PDF invoice.
- Hit send!
Here are the benefits of saving the invoice:
- Ability to log in to any other device, or log in to the browser at another time and keep logo saved and correctly sized up.
- Keep customer details saved such as name, contact details, business number etc.
- Keep a record of your items, cost and description.
- Save your tax labels and tax amounts.
- Save time by not filling in your payment instructions again.
How to send an invoice
Once you preview the invoice after filling out the details, make sure you double-check all the names, business numbers and total cost. If all information is correct you can either save the invoice as a PDF to send another time. Or you can send directly from within the browser. Once you hit send, your customer will receive a like this with the PDF invoice attached:
Benefits of using an invoice generator app
Here are some benefits of using the app instead of the invoice generator template:
- More versatility. Ability to send invoices on the go with mobile, desktop, or tablet.
- Save customers details.
- Save items, cost and description for all items.
- Get paid from the app. Paypal or Credit Card payment.
- Impose a credit card surcharge to your customers.
- Sign the invoice and get clients signature. Great for signing for terms and conditions agreements.
- Generate an overview report of any page for easy accounting.
- Receive notification once invoice email is opened by your customer.
- Log paid and unpaid invoices within the app.
- Send receipt right after recording the payment.
- Save you huge amounts of time of not retyping or waiting to get to a computer.
What does an invoice need to have?
If you’re making an invoice on your own you would need to make sure you have these elements.
1. Invoice Logo
In the header of the invoice, you want to include your logo, for branding and to make your invoice look more professional.
2. Invoice header details
Make sure you have the correct heading, especially when using invoice templates or invoice generators. You don’t want to send an Invoice as a Credit Note or as an Estimate. Your legal business name goes here along with your business number and contact details like email address, phone number and address.
3. Customer information
The name and contact details of your customer or buyer usually go under the invoice header details. Your customer’s name, attention to if necessary, Invoice number, and the due date should be stated here too.
4. Item names, description and cost
Include your invoice line items. Include a clear description for each item for more clarity. The number of hours and cost.
5. Payment instructions
One of the most important aspects of an invoice, yet so many invoices forget to include this. Double-check your payment instructions.
6. The total amount owing and extra details
Include the total amount, the tax whether it’s inclusive or not, partial payments made and a clear ‘Amount Due’.
7. Signature, notes and terms
Signatures are great for combining a contract or terms and conditions along with the invoice. This is not a necessity for an invoice, but it saves the time of separately getting terms and conditions signed.
Make sure you include penalties and late payment fees, additional charges and also include your preferred payment method here too.
Bookipi is a cloud accounting solution so if you have another device lying around, put it to use by downloading Bookipi Invoice Maker on them!
iOS (iPhone & iPad) – Invoice Maker App
Android (Mobile & Tablet) – Invoice Maker App